By EDD K. USMAN
February 20, 2012, 8:43pm
MANILA, Philippines — The two winners of the P300-million jackpot of the February 15 draw of Grand Lotto 6/55, who placed their bets in Taytay, Rizal, and Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, have not yet claimed their winnings.
A check with the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) in Pasay City at noon Monday showed that so far only the winners of P150,000 each for getting five numbers correctly have started to claim their money.
Lawyer Lauro A. Patiag, manager of the Internal Audit Department (PCSO-IAD), told the Manila Bulletin that the two lucky lotto players have not yet shown up.
“We are waiting for them so they can get without hassle their prize money. It is totally tax-free, the PCSO pays the tax for jackpot prizes,” he said.
Five-number winners of 6/55 in the same February 15 draw are now claiming their money, he said. “It could mean even the two winners of the P300 million may still have not realized their lucky streak,” said Patiag.